Thursday, October 17

Skincare Series • Stylelux Blackhead Killer Face Masks


I was recently asked if I would like to review some face masks by Style Lux and as my skin has been breaking out recently I thought I would give them a go and see if they worked. They are £14.95 for a pack of 5 (which work out at £3 a pack). The masks come in little sachets, which is handy if you want to travel with them - or convenient to pop in your skincare stash. I apply the mask with a flat top foundation brush, to avoid staining my hands as its black. It is also very thick and quite gloopy, so I'd suggest wearing some old clothes and putting a towel over your lap when applying it - because it can stain. I put it all over my face (avoiding my eyes and mouth) and wait about 15 minuets before removing it. It is a peel off mask, which I prefer to the ones that I have to scrub off my face, as there is a lot less mess.

The mask didn't sting or irritate my skin, which some masks claiming to clear blemishes can. The first time using it, my skin felt very clean and soft - but my breakouts hadn't gone down. As I started using them more often, my blemishes had faded. I can't say whether it is down to this, or if they gradually started fading over time - but I could notice a difference. This may be a little TMI, but when you peel the mask off - you can see the blackheads lifting off with it (gross I know, but worth pointing out). After I had used these, my sister actually commented on how clear my skin looked, so that's always a bonus.

Overall, I think these masks are defiantly worth a go if you want to try something a bit different or have problems with blackheads. They're not a miracle product, my skin didn't drastically change - but face masks are always nice for a girly night in - and what better than relaxing and doing some good for your skin?

you can find them here.

xx

*this product was kindly gifted to me by StyleLux.

3 comments:

  1. I get more blackheads than I do spots so these look interesting, I'll have to have a look at these!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this mask! I have to many blackhead, and I use many product and it always fail. Love your blog! Mind to follow each other?
    Chiara xx
    mintophobia.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have more blackspots than pimples and spots and I hate them. I've tried out different products, and they tend to not work, so I think i'm going to check this product out. Thanks for an honest review! xx

    ReplyDelete