Sunday, October 27

Review • Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette



 (L-R Foxy, Halfbaked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout)

After the hype sorrounding the Naked Palettes, I knew I had to pick one up - so after looking a lot of reviews I thought I'd pick the second up. It was £37, which works out at just over £3 a shadow. Unlike the first Naked Palette (review here) it is cooler toned - and has more grey and purple shades. The packaging is much more stable then the Naked 1 Palette as it is made out of tin, and the mirror is huge - although I don't think it looks as pretty as the first naked palette.

Sadly some colours don't have the same quality of the Naked 1 Palette, especially Foxy & Tease but apart from those the rest of the shadows are highly pigmented and have a soft buttery feel. Annoyingly the shimmery colours have a lot of fall out - but can be stopped with shadow sheilds. My 3 faves are Bootycall, Chopper and Blackout. The palette also comes with a double ended brush (one side packs on colour, while the other blends) and it is so handy - especially for travel. A mini lip junkie also came with the palette - which I haven't even used because I'm not keen on the colour - but I suppose it would be a good chance to try it if you was thinking of purchasing the full size. It's a nice enough palette, but for the price and considering how often I use it, it was a bit of a waste.

xx

11 comments:

  1. I had the first palette, and I completely loved it! As I used it so much, now it's over and I need to buy a new one :/ But I think i'm going to get also this one. And thanks for the honest review of this [: xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a gorgeous palette, I really want the naked basic palette x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted this palette for a while ... but after your review i will be getting it for sure :) following your blog here . Love if you would follow mine :)
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Check out mine?

    incandescent96.blogspot.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have any of the naked palettes but I think I prefer the 1st one from the pictures I've seen :) xx lipsticklovexo.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been dying to try this out!!
    great review
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I saw this as it's on my wishlist for christmas this year, would you say the naked 1 palette is better? I've got no idea which one to get although I have brown eyes so I think the naked 2 palette has better tones to it!x

    http://lucy-jane-x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for this - such a helpful review :) Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. thinking of adding it to my Christmas list!! lovely review

    I just nominated you for the sunshine blogger award .. more details here http://fashionbylucyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great review. I was considering putting this on my christmas list. I love your blog, you seem so lovely and genuine. I had to follow :). I would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and perhaps follow back... http://beautyisacreationofart.blogspot.co.uk/ Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this palette, I've put the Naked palettes in my Gift Guide for her this year as they are definitely a must have! Great blog!

    http://itslolll.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete