Sunday, September 1

Top 10 Summer Favourites


Instead of doing monthly favourites, I thought I would do My Top 10 Summer Favourites, as I don't try out that many new things every month to do a post on them. So after a season is over, I will do a top 10 faves. So these are products I have been using and loving this Summer!

For foundation, I've been loving Rimmel Wake Me Up. It's £8.99, but is always on offer - so you can usually pick it up for about £6. I love it for summer as it is quite a light coverage, with a dewy finish which is lovely - I can't stand wearing thick, heavy coverage foundations in the summer. For concealer I have loved the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer. It is a high coverage concealer, which can be used on blemishes or under eyes, with a light creamy texture. It would be an all round favourite, but considering the lightest shade is really dark, I don't think I'd be able to use this in the winter.

Bronzer is an essential for summer, I have been reaching for the Bourjois Delice De Poudre (aka the chocolate bronzer) which is £6.99. It doesn't have any noticeable shimmer in it, which is nice. It is quite orange toned, so I defiantly wouldn't recommend contouring with it - but it is lovely to warm up the face. For my eyes, I really like the MAC 'Lets Skate' Paint Pot. This is the only paint pot I've tried, as I think £15 for a cream eye shadow is over priced - however I really love this shade. It is a really pretty pale pink, with a shimmer running through it. It looks pretty with winged liner and lots of mascara.

I love using MAC 'Morange' in the summer as it compliments tanned skin gorgeously. It is a bright orange/red shade and because it is a amplified finish it is creamy, highly pigmented, comfortable to wear and lasts on the lips for hours. I have also really liked wearing the Rimmel Apocalips in the shade Luna. I got this when the range first launched and I hardly wore it - however, I have grown to really like it, it's a pretty peach shade with a gorgeous glossy finish and for £6.49 you can't go wrong.

For nail polish I have been loving Essie "Bikini So Teeny". I got this last year, when everyone was going crazy for it. It is a pastel blue, with a subtle shimmer and is opaque in 2 coats which lasts easily 5 days on the nails with a good top coat. Speaking of Essie, I have also been loving Tart Deco, which is possibly one of my favourite polishes of all time. I brought it on a whim, as the colour I originally went in boots for was out of stock. I would describe the colour as a peachy salmony coral, and looks its best when you have a tan.

I love fake tan, especially in the summer - I couldn't live without it. I have been absolutely loving the St Moriz Mousse, it is only £4 which is incredible. It gives the same effect as a higher end tan, no streaks, not muddy or orange and lasts well. It is an amazing find - expect a full review coming up soon. My last favourite is something that has made moisturising become less of a chore when I come out of the shower. It is the Nivea In Shower Moisturiser. All you have to do is apply it in the shower - like you would if you wasn't in the shower... and wash it off! I love this as it is so easy - I hate waiting for moisturisers to sink in before I can dressed. When I come out of the shower, there is a noticeable difference on how soft my skin is.

If you are still reading then congratulations, haha! So that is it, a round up of what I have loved this summer! This year has gone so fast, I can't believe we are in September already!

xx

22 comments:

  1. Your right about St Moriz, i have it and absolutely love it! for the price you really cant go wrong lol
    also i love that coral colour too! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. that essie nail varnish is such a pretty colour! Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. try the wake me up foundation over l'oreal bb cream, the two complement each other so well. fantastic blog by the way x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have the Rimmel Wake me up foundation and I really like it mainly because it matches my shade so well. I was so frightened by the glitter in the foundation at first but now i hardly notice it.

    -Kookii
    The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am addicted to st moriz tan... it is a life saver :), Lovely blog xx

    hollydollybeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    holly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the Rimmel wake me up foundation, I've heard so many good things. I LOVE Essie bikini so teeny, it has been on my nails throughout summer. And the colour of that MAC lipstick is amazing!

    http://laurenemma.blog.com/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just bought the 'Wake Me Up'foundation and it is really good. I have wanted this lipstick for so long, I love the colour of it.

    http://missbethanyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The coral Essie polish looks so nice!
    Bikini so teeny is one of my favourite polishes :) I really want to try the apocalips heard so many good reviews on them.
    Great post!
    Chanelle Jade xx

    www.chanellejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg ! mac faxtor severım :)
    http://pembeemavii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many great items! love that MAC lipstick

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so so pale aswell and I think I'm going to start fake tanning because being tanned is so much better! Might try the one you have xx emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Love the idea of a summer faves too, you've inspired me to do a post on my own top 10 :D

    Alexandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many of these are my favourites as well - Bourjois Bronzing powder, Apocalips and Essie Bikini so Teeny - a nice selection :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Essie is gorgeous. I have it myself. If you get a bottle of OPI's Anniversary and do a top coat it makes the most amazing shimmery lilac colour.

    Look forward to reading your posts!!!

    http://fluffycandyuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've wanted to try the in-shower moisturiser for ages but didn't want to waste my money but definitely going to pick it up now!! Love the coral top - saw it in Khaki Green yesterday and was so tempted! Does it sit well? Seems quite low cut is all I thought?

    Love your blog honey x

    www.abstermac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. MAC Morange!!..lovely colour!!
    <3..
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh that MAC shade is lovely! I've pretty much written off buying any lipstick from MAC apart from Ruby Woo (you should get your hands on that as well btw, it's an amazing shade and has a really nice matte finish)...anyway as I was saying, yeh I'm just really cheap and am not really prepared to part ways with £14.50 or however much their lipsticks are but that shade is pretty tempting....I could have just said that to begin with but I tend to waffle a lot...as you can see...ok I'm done
    xxxxxxx

    segenswunsche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. ahh i almost bought morange but got ruby woo instead deffo need to go back and buy morange! cute blog hunny xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Essie Polish and that blue is so pretty. I followed if you want to check out my blog here's a link http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. All lovely products! So weird if I don't have these products I want them..similar tastes. Great post. Followed back!

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I couldn't live without St Moriz fake tan ! annalouiseelizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wake Me Up is my favourite too, gives you such a nice healthy look! xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete