Sunday, September 8

Review • Urban Decay Naked Palette




L-R Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep & Gunmental)

The Naked Palette is one of those things, that if you don't already have - you want, so it would've been rude of me not to pick it up and let you know my thoughts! First things first, the price. It is £37 which seems a ridiculous amount of money to spend on eye shadow - but, considering there are 12 shades, each eye shadow works out at about £3 which is amazing value for money.

The shades range from light champagne colours, to matte browns and shimmery blues. The palette consists of warm tones, which suit the majority of skin tones and eye colours. When I first got my Naked Palette I wasn't sure if I would wear the last two shades (Creep & Gunmetal), but after trying them - I have grown to like those shades and I would use every colour in the palette. (My fave 3 are Sidecar, Toasted & Hustle). I am happy with the quality of the shadows, they have good colour pay off, are easy to blend and aren't chalky. However, the annoying thing with Urban Decay shadows is there tends to be a lot of fall out - but there are ways around that (using shadow shields, or putting foundation on after doing eye makeup).

As nice as the packaging looks, it isn't very practical. The casing is velvet - so if you keep it in your make up bag, it will get grubby and isn't easy to clean. Also the writing rubs of really easily and tends to crack. The lid has a magnetic closure and doesn't take a lot to open it - so if you travel with it, there is a chance it could open in your suitcase. A few people have also found that the eye shadows can fall out of the palette - this hasn't happened to me personally though. If like me, you don't travel often this won't be a problem. This palette also comes with a brush and a mini primer potion, which is an added bonus (especially for beginners). 

There are pros and cons with this palette, but overall I absolutely love it - and reach for this over my other shadows. If you are thinking about buying it, I would go for it, its a really handy palette to have - with gorgeous shades.

you can find it here.

xx

16 comments:

  1. i have wanted to try this for ages but i've been told the naked 2 is much better! haha so confused :)

    beauty about town ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful palette - timeless :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this palette so badly! It looks beautiful! x

    Lucy | a little of lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wanted this so badly but couldn't part with my money haha, i got the Naked2 palette for my birthday though and i love it! x

    pretty-filth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This palette looks lovely, and such good value for money xx emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colours look so lovely! been tempted to buy this for ages x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing this palette everywhere at the moment, definitely thinking about investing!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This palette is my most used palette. I love it xx

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colours just not sure on which palette to get, naked 1 or naked 2

    http://sophalou.blogspot.co.uk/

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post loved this really want to get one for myself :O xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooveee this palette, never let me down!!

    P.s lovely blog :)

    kathrynscupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, I want this so badly! I need to go and buy it!!

    http://shaunyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want it tooo...I have the MUA dupes ..
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous shades in this pallet and a great review. Thank you for your lovely comment on my post, you'll have to let me know if you give the Soap & Glory cleanser a whirl :) Lovely blog, i'm now a new follower x x

    Introducinglexi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous looking palette
    definately on my list of 'i want' and hopefully will get one day!
    great blog post :)
    http://beautyandotherthingstoo.blogspot.co.uk/
    Amy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want that palette!!!!! :/

    iced-wolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete