Friday, October 31

Pumpkin Picking


Happy Halloween everyone! I remember saying in last years halloween post that autumn was one of my favourite times of the year and nothing has changed there. This October in particular has been a favourite, due to the weather. Usually it is pouring of rain, miserable, freezing cold and the leaves are soggy and trodden on. This year the sun has been beaming - but there is still a slight nip in the air, the leaves are falling off the trees and layering the pavement in every shade of burgundy - there is nothing more autumnal than hearing them crunch beneath your feet (as opposed to the slippery death trap they usually are at the end of October).

This year we headed off to a pick your own farm to pick out a pumpkin. I used to go all the time when I was little, but the older I got the more I lost interest. We decided it would be nice to take my nephew to pick out a pumpkin and although they are a little more expensive than what they would be in a supermarket - I really think it is worth doing. I think it is nice for little ones to actually see where pumpkins come from and pick one out, rather than buying one out of a box from a shop. We had a lovely afternoon strolling around the farm, looking at all the different vegetables, picking out our pumpkin and enjoying some time outside whilst the weather is still so beautiful.

What do you like doing at Halloween?
xx

11 comments:

  1. This looks so cool just followed you, your blog is amazing xx

    Freya Blendell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuuuute boy and perfect pumpkins!
    Fall has definitely been one of my favourite seasons this year.
    Kerry @ dixonkerry-o.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos!!! and the little one is such a cutie! I love going to the pumpkin patch every year.. just seems more festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I really like your blog. I have nominated you for the Liebstar Award http://bonjourmissgrace.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebstar-award.html ♥ :) (I know you've probably already done this but still felt you deserved a nomination)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely pictures! I have never been and picked out a pumpkin for Halloween, this looks so fun!
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never picked out my own Halloween pumpkin but it looks so fun. By the way, your photographs are stunning! What camera do you use? Absolutely amazing.x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome location for photos. I always loved picking a pumpkin out when I was a kid - fabulous memories. x E

    Elizabeth Victoria Clark

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing photos: LOVE it!!! And you have a great blog. Let me know if you want we follow each other by GFC, bloglovin', google+, etc. I hope so: I'll follow you back!!! Have a nice day!!!

    *Keep in touch ;)
    ABSOkisses!!! Fanny J. ABSOmarilyn

    Google+ | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely! My Halloween this year was spent in Spain, and last year I went to see Thriller Live, but one year I'd love to do something like this, great photography!

    Jade x
    jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey girl!!! soo beautiful photos!!! and what a cute little boy!!! :) im now following you on gfc! hope you can visit mine and follow me too! kisses!:)

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete