Thursday, October 9

How To • The Perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte


2 years ago I tried my first ever Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks and ever since I have been hooked. When they come out, I seem to find myself in Starbucks about 4 times a week just to make up for the fact they are only available in October. (Although I always find myself asking the barista if they would mind making me one well into November...). Last year I decided it would be a good idea to make my own, but as I left it late in the month everything Pumpkin seemed to be out of stock. This year I made sure I was more prepared - so if, like me, you are obsessed with the pumpkin spice lattes - but are sick of trawling to Starbucks every other day and want a cheaper alternative, this recipe will be perfect for you! 
what you will need:
- canned pumpkin (1 table spoon)
- espresso (1 tassimo pod)
- whole milk (240 ml)
- cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
- nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon)
- whipped cream (LOADS)
- vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- black pepper (2 teaspoons)

how to:

1. Start off with a saucepan which is on low to medium heat. Add the pumpkin, nutmeg, black pepper and cinnamon - and be sure to stir. After a minute or two, add the milk and vanilla extract and stir the mixture together.

2. Whilst the mixture is heating up, it's time to make the espresso. I have a coffee machine, so I used an espresso pod - however if you don't, you can use tinned coffee. 

3. When the espresso has been made, combine the two mixtures into a cup and stir together.

4. If you don't like whipped cream, that is the drink finished! However, if you do - add as much whipped cream as you'd like and sprinkle with cinnamon! 

Voila you're done!

I have to say, I wasn't sure how similar a DIY latte would compare to the Starbucks version, but they are so alike I could hardly tell the difference! I can't wait to start making pumpkin spice lattes all year round!

Let me know if you try this!

xx

10 comments:

  1. I've never tried one of these at Starbucks before but I'm always meaning to - just sounds so Autumnal! Reading this DIY version however has swayed me even more to try one as it sounds fairly easy - wish me luck! xx

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this sounds & looks so goooood!
    also your photos are lovely I love your blog & am following :))
    Jess x
    http://sprinkleofneon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just found your blog and I'm in love with it! I'll definitely be following :) this looks so yummy too. So Autumnal!

    www.lilyroselo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, I'd never think to try and make my own :O but this looks dead nice so I might give it a whirl :D

    http://iisforiz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm pumpkin spice lattes are delicious...it's so great that I can try making one for myself now! Awesome post, and great photography ;)

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my all time favourite winter drink! so glad I can make it at home now!

    www.halleyhearts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I now really want this drink, yum!
    Nilla Forever

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds amazing, I should try and make this as I'm too addicted hehe :)

    annaboho.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum great idea! I would love to make them at home as I'm not often by a starbucks!! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks perfect , i'm going to give it a try :)
    Kisses

    http://cheerfullittlethings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete