Tuesday, November 11

Rememberance Day


This year marks the 100th anniversary of the first world war. I'm sure you have seen lots of photos on Instagram of the poppies at The Tower Of London, but it is so much more surreal in person. In total, there are 888,246 handmade poppies installed into the grounds of the tower, which represent the soldiers who lost their lives in the war.

I have heard that The Tower Of London are going to keep the poppies for a few more weeks than they intended to, so if you were thinking about going to pay your respects, I would definitely recommend it.

xx

6 comments:

  1. Świetny blog ♥
    Jestem u Ciebie po raz pierwszy prawda? I na pewno nie ostatni ! ;)
    zapraszam do mnie w wolnej chwili ;*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and your photography is perfect. It's so nice to see a fashion blog that posts on these things too, so much respect.
    (It's the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the war though, the war ended in 1918)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to visit the Tower of London to see the poppy's and it is so beautiful! Really puts a lot into perspective!! Lovely photography xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine how amazing it must look, if it's still there when I'm home for christmas I'm deffo going to check it out!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must have been an amazing experience to see these, I wish I could make it down to visit them but I think by the time I'm down next in February they'll probably be gone. x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to see the poppies at the beginning of the month and the sheer number of them was quite overwhelming! I find it impossible to comprehend how many people died, it's just such a tragic loss. It's incredible our country, our world can recover from wars of that scale. x

    One Little Vice - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete