Tuesday, December 31

New Beginnings • 2014 Goals


I know everyone is saying this, but I honestly can't believe how quickly 2013 went. This hasn't been the best year for me in all honesty, some pretty crap things have happened - but I thought I'd set myself 14 goals to hopefully make 2014 more positive.

1. think more positively. I was watching one of Khila's videos (from missbudgetbeauty) and she was saying how when she thinks more positively, she is in a better mood and I think that is so true. As much as I hate to admit it, I am a moaner. Don't get me wrong, I know there are people worse off than I am and I am grateful for the things I have - but I seem to complain a lot about little things like the weather or cancelled plans - so my goal is to stop being so moody and smile! 

2. be healthier. I (and I'm sure many others) say this every year and it never really seems to happen. This year I'm determined to cut down on chocolate and do a bit more exercise. Why is it that everything that tastes to good is so bad? *cries*

3. stick to blogging. After such a long time of creating and deleting numerous blogs in the past I am really proud that this time it has been more than a one week wonder. I love blogging, it has become my little baby that brings me so much happiness and I really do hope I keep it up.

4. save money. Quite self explanatory, I want to start saving! I want to travel to so many places (specifically New York & Australia) which is obviously going to cost a fortune, so I better start saving my pennies ASAP.

5. use products before buying more. If I don't rein my makeup obsession in, my draws are going to start over flowing! It also makes deciding what makeup to put on in the morning 10 times harder when you have a massive selection of products.

6. look after my belongings. I have a habit of breaking everything - mirrors, phones, cameras, straighteners, TV's, even dressing tables and chairs, you name it - I've broke it. Obviously I've never done it intentionally, but I need to make more of a conscious effort to be more careful and look after what I have.

7. reply to emails. As much as I love blogging, the emails are definitely the down side for me. I love hearing from companies and readers, but I always forget to reply and it becomes a bit of a chore - so this year I'm going to make myself reply to all emails in 24 hours.

8. do something that puts me out of my comfort zone. I have always been a shy person that never really pushes myself to do things and always find myself saying no to opportunities. I always feel as if I'm missing out and I don't really want to live the rest of my life feeling like that, so something has to change. 

9. stick to a blogging schedule. My aim was to upload 3 posts a week and up until recently I had stuck to that, but I am determined to get back on it!

10. do more fashion posts. I love fashion and I feel like my blog doesn't reflect that. As you can imagine, fashion posts are a lot more time consuming as I need someone to take the photos for me, but I really want to put the effort in and do lots of fashion posts in 2014.

11. drink more water. I am always drinking tea and coke, both quite sugary and probably not the best, so I am making it a goal to drink more water.

12. meet other bloggers. Not totally sure it will happen this year, as meeting people off the internet probably isn't the smartest idea, however I don't know anyone else who has a blog and I would love to meet other people who have the same interests! 

13. start a youtube channel. Again, I'm not 100% sure about this. It is something I have wanted to do for a good 2 and a half years, but never plucked up the courage - one day maybe!

14. go to bed at a normal time. Going to bed at half past 4 is not a rare occurrence for me, I feel like I have tried everything and can't sleep - I just want a normal routine!


That is everything I hope to achieve in the upcoming year, what are you all hoping to do?

xx

9 comments:

  1. I am trying to do #2, too!! Nice list!!

    xx, Cathy from http://helllo-cathy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely resolutions list, I think I'm going to try and be happier as well, I've always been a 'glass half empty' kind of person haha!

    http://vintagevanityblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    Love Eleanor xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey(:

    Awwh you have a lovely blog. This is a great resolution list(: good luck with sticking to them.

    Come over and say Hi sometime(:

    Charlie Eterna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My New Year's Resolutions are so similar! Hahaha x

    http://suzysbeautydairy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck in sticking to them! :) x

      Delete
  5. Your blog is so pretty! I have some of the same goals this year like drinking more water. It's so hard to do! haha Good luck :)

    Heather
    heatherslane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete