Thursday, January 30

Review • Clinique Chubby Stick Intense In Heftiest Hibiscus

I was so excited to receive a Clinique Chubby Stick for Christmas, as I had never tried any of the balmy stain kind of lip products before this. Unlike the normal chubby sticks that wash a sheer layer of colour over the lips, this really is intense. The colour is almost as pigmented as a lipstick, but because of the formula its not completely opaque - although it can be built up (or sheered out for a hint of colour). This would be really good for people who have dry lips, as it is so moisturising, and glides on really smoothly over any chapped skin.

I have the shade " 04 Heftiest Hibiscus" and it is such a pretty shade, especially for Summer. It is a red toned orange shade - which I think would suit a variety of skin tones. It lasts about 2 hours of my lips before I have to reapply which is about average for me. The colour is very 'out there' so if you are one who likes more natural colours - I'd go for a lighter shade (I have my eye on the shade "Curviest Caramel" it looks beautiful).

you can find it here.

What do you think of the lipstick lip balm hybrids?
xx

16 comments:

  1. Would love to see the swatch..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems pointless to do swatches, as everyone has different skin tones - so it wouldn't look the same on someone else as it does on me! If you wanted to see a swatch, there are loads on google!

      Delete
  2. This looks fab! I've been on the lookout for a more moisturising lip colour!

    Kelly x

    http://thebellelavieproject.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something everyone needs in their collection! x

      Delete
  3. Nice beauty blog! Follow you!
    Have a look on my blog...;)

    Kisses!
    http://www.blogsocute.com
    http://www.blogsocute.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that color looks so pretty! are the clinique chubby sticks as great as the tarte ones? bc i love those ones!

    http://amygg.blogspot.com/
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't sell tarte in the UK *sadly*, so I wouldn't know! x

      Delete
  5. Nice blog....
    http://merakidublin.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also havent tried the chubby sticks from drugstore or high end. But after reading this review Im thinking I could give it a try

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just brought a couple of the new revlon ones and I love them but I really want to try some Clinique ones. This looks like such a me colour as well! Lovely post x

    http://lookbranche.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of these they dry my lips out! I just followed you on bloglovin would love a follow back :D

    callofbeautymodernwarfare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange, I find mine to be really moisturising! x

      Delete
  9. I love chubbysticks in general and this one in particular. I agree re swatches. My skin is so warm toned this looks very red on my but on a cooler skinned girl this would be orange. It is a great purchase though.I have followed your blog and would love it if you popped across to mine to say hi.
    I am at http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this colour - I love these kinds products because they are so easy to apply!

    A Forte For Fashion

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for following me via bloglovin!Greatly appreciated!Do you want to follow each other on here too?Let me know!
    Love this blog post, never tried Clinique products before!

    LifeWithFrancesca x

    ReplyDelete
  12. They also have a shade called Mighty Mimosa that I adore - it's the most gorgeous coral-y pink shade.

    ReplyDelete