Thursday, February 12

Look Fantastic Beauty Box


Having never tried a beauty box, I was really excited to find out my brothers girlfriend had brought me one as a gift and as soon as I recieved it I wanted to rip it open - so having to wait until I could photograph it first was like torture, talk about #bloggerproblems haha.

The box is by Look Fantastic, which is a website that sells all things beauty, body and hair. The idea is that the box is full of products that are sold on the Look Fantastic site, which means you can try out things you may never normally purchase, whilst still using brands you are familiar with, and if of course there are any items in the box you love, you can repurchase them on Look Fantastic.

It is definetly more beauty based as opposed to make up, which I personally prefer - as for starters, I really do not need any more make up, but it also ensures there are no disappointments by receiving a nail polish/lipstick/eye shadow shade you would never wear and would only be chucked to the back of a drawer before being thrown away. I think having a box centred around beauty works well for me, as I am picky when it comes to buying makeup in terms of knowing what finishes I like or what brands I like - however when it is general beauty products like haircare or body care I am happy to give anything a try. 

The box came with 6 different products and a little sachet containing some under eye pads. The item I happened to spot first due to the familiar brand logo was the Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute Face Mask (full size retails at £18.50). I have been wanting to try a hydrating mask for ages and I was actually contemplating buying the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask, so I am really eager to try the Nuxe one out and see what it's like. Next was the Molton Brown Templetree Body Wash (full size retails at £18). This reminds me of one of those fancy body washes you would steal from a hotel, haha - the smell is lovely, it is a really fresh spa like scent. Mini shower gels are always handy for travel, so I shall be saving this one for the next time I go on a break away. Another familiar name in my box of goodies was the Philip Kingsley Daily Damage Defence (full size retails at £15). I never usually bother with heat protectant sprays - but since I got my hair cut short, I have been actually styling my hair (as opposed to shoving it up in a bun which resembles a dog poo), so it is really handy to own a heat protectant spray, which will mean I can carry on styling away without the fear of frying the ends of my hair. There was also a box of MyVitamins Vitamin C Tablets (full size retails at £4.49). When I first looked at these, I assumed they would be some kind of weird weightloss pills, but as I read further I realised they were vitamin tablets. They contain Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and B12 and are meant to boost energy levels and help to stop feeling fatigued. They dissolve in water (which is great because I hate swallowing tablets) and give the drink a lemon flavour. I am really excited to try these, as I've never tried any kind of vitamins before and I've been complaining for ages about how tired I am feeling. The last 2 full size items are a shampoo and conditioner duo from the 3 More Inches range (travel size retails at £8 each). The set are supposed to help rebuild the strength of hair, whilst leaving it smooth and manageable. The last item in my box was a sachet of Gatineau Collagen Eye Compresses (pack of 6 retails at £34.50). I have never tried any of the cooling eye patches before, so it will be interesting to see if they make any difference to my under eyes.

I really enjoyed looking through the items in the box and I am so excited to try out products I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise! I can definetly see the hype around beauty boxes and why people choose to subscribe to them - it has made me want to try out some of the other services! 

you can find it here.

xx

3 comments:

  1. That beauty box looks way better than the once we have here. We just get tiny samples and maybe one of two full/bigger sizes.

    X

    Dancing Shadows & Firelight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great box - I haven't tried this box x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this box before, but it looks fab! Molten Brown do the best shower gels :) x

    Everything But The Kitchen Sink

    ReplyDelete