Monday, March 31

Bloggers Fashion Week


  Recently, I was invited to Bloggers Fashion Week, it was the first of its kind and the first blog event I had ever attended. The event ran for 3 days, each being themed around different things - however I could only make the beauty night.

The night started off by getting a complimentary Uber car to pick us up. The reason I chose to get an Uber to the event (having never used one before), was because I'd been emailed by the event organisers to let those going know that if you live in the London area you can get a free Uber to the event. Firstly, we had to wait about 20 minuets before any cars were available, a 15 minute tube journey took an hour by car, and our driver told us it would be quicker if we got out and walked - which we ended up doing. And the complimentary car ride, turned out not to be so complimentary, as I got a not so "free car ride" bill of £29 into my paypal - what a lovely start to the evening! (update: I contacted them via twitter and told them the situation, in which they didn't reply and unfollowed me so I couldn't message them) what amazing service... thanks Uber! (not)

As the Uber took so long, we ended up getting they're about an hour and a half after the event had started (can you tell I'm not over it? haha). The view was amazing, you could see the whole of London lit up. It was a room full of brands showcasing new products, handing out samples and chatting to bloggers. There was also nibbles, (which were all gone by the time we got there), a photo booth and a little runway on the top floor.  

Considering we got there so late, I wasn't there for too long, so it's hard to say what it was like as I was only there for about 40 minuets. I'm not sure if its the fact the Uber service put a dampener on the night, but I just feel like blogging events aren't all I was expecting and really nothing to write home about. I'm not trying to bitch / call out the people who organised the event, because if everything had ran smoothly I'm sure it would have been a lot more of an enjoyable experience and I really appreciate the invite.


xx

6 comments:

  1. This looks like it was such a fun night! Too bad about the complimentary car though. xx

    Chasing Those Silver Linings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so gutted that I couldn't make it! :(

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing; sooo gutted i couldn't make it :(
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/my-top-3-hero-face-masks-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww this looks fab gutted I couldn't make it! looks like a fab event!

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it was a really fun evening!!! I've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!!!
    http://littlemisspaige28.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The car situation sounds like such a peeve! But, you've lucky to have attended such an event! Seemed fabulous! ;D Looking forward to your future posts!

    <3 Carsla
    Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
    http://www.connect-the-cloths.com
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/
    A stylist, foodie, & writer’s blog in development.

    ReplyDelete