Tuesday, August 27

Skincare Series • Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser



I never realised how important skincare was until reading blogs, I always used a Body Shop Tea Tree Cleanser, which didn't really do anything to help my skin - I used it because I didn't know of anything else. I had always heard a lot about the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and because my sister is really into skincare, I decided to buy it for her at Christmas. She ended up loving it, and persuaded me to buy it. It is £14.75, which I don't think is to expensive, as it is benefiting your skin - whereas most people would be happy to spend £15 on a MAC lipstick, but wouldn't spend that much on skincare.

 It comes out in a thick cream like consistency, similar to a moisturiser. I use about 3 pumps and rub it into dry skin, then I run the muslin cloth (which comes with the cleanser) under hot water and work in circular motions around my face, which helps to gently exfoliate. You can use it with all your make up on - the idea is that it removes your make up whilst cleansing, but the thought of doing that makes my skin crawl, I much prefer to get the bulk of my make up off before cleansing, that way it is removing any leftover makeup or dirt my micellar water didn't remove and can get deeper into the pores. Just to test it out, I did use it with all of my make up on, and it does remove it well (even eye make up, without irritation) which is good - but my skin didn't feel anywhere near as clean, so it's not something I would do again. I have been using Cleanse & Polish since April and I have noticed my previous breakouts have cleared up, I get less blemishes and when I do - they clear up quicker and I've also found my skin to be a lot plumper and awake looking. 

 Personally I love this cleanser, it does what a cleanser should - leaves my skin soft, clean and fresh  and doesn't break me out or irritate my skin. I will defiantly be repurchasing when I run out, it is one of those products I will always to have a back up of in my skincare stash.

you can find it here.

xx

12 comments:

  1. Sounds really good I've wanted to try this for ages but the price always puts me off as its just a cleanser, good review though :)
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this does wonders for my skin,love it! Xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. have heard so many good things about this, really want to try it! Great post!xx

    http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. More of a Clinique fan myself, but Liz Earle do some great stuff!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah looks so great! i really want to try it but its a bit out my price range :(
    xx
    thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky, thank you for the follow! I also want to try this cleanser but I've decided I'm going to ask for the starter kit for christmas instead so I can try a few of her other skin care products aswell. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog :) emilyallcott.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product looks so nice ^^

    I follow you on GFC. Follow me back?

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was actually doing some research on this product to see whether it was worth the hype or not! I think I'm going to need to pick this up! :) xx

    Lucy | Lucys Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! just followed your blog - would love if you could check out mine! www.berry-crumble-xxx.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favourite cleanser, use it religiously morning and night :p
    Have you tried the limited edition one (grapefruit and patchouli)?

    Emma xox

    www.glitterandwishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review, everyone raves about it but I've still never tried it! :(

    http://mintsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this stuff!!

    http://aloveaffairwith.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete