Thursday, July 17

A Trip To Columbia Road Flower Market


With a mum as a florist, it's fair to say I have more of an interest in flowers than your average 15 year old. When I was little, I always used to help out in her shop, cutting the stems off of tulips, wrapping them up and getting a tip in from the customers in return - it was a time full of fond memories. So now, every time I walk past a flower shop or stall, I find myself in awe of all the flowers, which remind me of such a lovely time in my childhood. 

After hearing so much about Columbia Road Flower Market, I decided to go and have a look for myself and it's safe to say, I wasn't disappointed. Nestled down a street in East London there were hundreds of people pushing their way through to see all the stalls had to offer. There were potted plants, potted trees, bedding plants, hanging baskets, cut flowers, bouquets and anything else you could think of - any flower fanatics dream. There were also quaint little shops which sold ditsy print mugs, pots and vases to pop your newly brought bunch of flowers in. There were also a couple of cute cafés, which offered afternoon cake and tea, which I didn't manage to try this time as I had my Sunday lunch waiting for me at home, but I am definitely going to make sure I get a try next time.

I ended up buying a bunch of beautiful sunflowers which came to a total of £5 and a potted sunflower which was £3 - what a bargain! If you ever find yourself in East London on a Sunday afternoon, I would definitely recommend having a stroll down Columbia Road, I think you'll enjoy it.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky, great post! What beautiful photography and ofcourse flowers! I love markets full of fresh produce! Those sunflowers are amazing! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful flowers! I love flowers, but I can't go near them sure to allergies.
    Thanks for nothing allergies. Ha. Great post :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete