Sunday, April 13

Review • L'oreal True Match Foundation


I am the biggest foundation hoarder - I love buying new ones and trying different finishes to see what works for my skin best. So, after hearing incredible things about the L'oreal True Match foundation - I decided to give it a go and see what all the fuss was about.

I like the packaging, it has a pump which is always good. The consistency is very runny, and when used with a brush, goes really streaky. Even when used with my fingers, it doesn't blend very well. It is supposedly full coverage, and although it looks thick and cakey on - it doesn't cover much. When I have any blemishes, the foundation clings to the spot and any dry patches around it - which highlights the fact I have blemishes rather than concealing them. As for covering redness, it's so pink toned it makes my face look red all over - which kind of defeats the point. It almost looks like I've put blush all over my face in comparison to my neck, which is never a good look.  It creased under my eyes - and any time I would smile it would crease around my cheeks. When wearing this foundation, my blush and bronzer didn't sit very well on top and looked patchy. It didn't last very long on my face, but it may just be me - as I do tend to touch my face quite a lot - I'd say the maximum I would get is about 3 or 4 hours wear. It reminds me of theater make up, as it has a masking effect - so it covers any freckles and makes my skin look very one dimensional. It makes my skin look so dry and matte, I always look ill when I wear it, and I don't even have dry skin - so I can't imagine how awful it would look if I did.

It just isn't for me, I much prefer a light to medium glowy foundation as opposed to matte and cakey. This may be up there with one of the worst foundations I have ever tried - and I really do not see the hype.  Having said that, foundation it is quite a personal thing, so what I may love, you may hate and vice versa.

 you can find it here.

xx

20 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this foundation so glad I read your review first the texture doesn't sound for me at all! I really like the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation one of my top drugstore foundations (although I'll always be a NARS Sheer glow kinda girl! :)) x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i like revlon nearly naked too! i have to try sheer glow :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have heard so many rave reviews about this foundation so I was surprised to see a negative review. But as you said, to each his own. Love your blog. x Tara
    tarasauroh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love this foundation! That's a shame you don't like it :( I find finishing it with powder helps the staying power
    Hannah | twoforjoy | xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give it another try with a powder! :) x

      Delete
  4. Sounds terrible, I have dry skin so don't think this would be very nice on my skin!

    Taslima | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear; sounds like it just wasn't for you. I have heard so many good things about it but it was runny when I tried it on my hand. Great review by the way.
    Afeeyah xo

    New post ~ http://smilerrr.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/kiko-full-protection-foundation-stick.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad it didn't work for you. :/ But there are loads more foundation out there so at least it's not a worry!

    Check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    We have nominated you for the Liebster award. Find out more in our blog: http://theparislogic.wordpress.com/
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard the true match lumi version is exactly what you are looking for. I want to try that version as I don't like too matte formula myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i that one and i love it, its incredible! x

      Delete
  9. Brilliant post, love your honest. Your blog is fantastic and I am so glad I came across it.Have followed you and can't wait to read more. If you fancy a look at my blog, it is at http://www.lippylikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have wondered about this foundation. I switch between Estee Lauder double wear and bareminerals on days that I don't need to be done up. xoxox

    ReplyDelete