Tuesday, August 18

Shoreditch Through My iPhone


I can't believe today is my 2 year anniversary of my first post on this blog, how time flies! Although I've not been blogging all that often this year, I am really excited to get back into it, and I should be posting much more frequently from now on! Anyways, lets get onto this post..

Despite living in London for my 16 years of exsistence, I've somehow managed to never visit Shoreditch, but I recently found myself there by accident and as I had no plans I decided to wander around and see what it was like.

For some reason I always thought I wouldn't like Shoreditch - from what I'd seen, I imagined it to be an area filled with the stereotypical 'hipster', but it was nothing like that. The particular area I went to (not actually too sure where I was as I just wandering about), was a bit more rough then I had expected - definitely a far cry from the pretty streets lined with white houses in the likes of Kensington & Chelsea, but in all honesty I preferred it. Every street I went down seemed to have some sort of artwork on the walls and there was an independent shop or restaurant on every corner. The area had the most lovely, laid-back vibe - and I'm desperate to go back soon!

What's your favourite area in London? I'd love to know so I can go and visit!
xx

16 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to visit Shoreditch it looks such a lovely place to be, your photos are stunning too x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Urban Food Festival in Shoreditch a few months back - I'd certainly visit again just for all the delicious food! Happy 2nd Blog Birthday too! xx

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds amazing, wish i had known about it! thank you :) x

      Delete
  3. Amazing pictures! So so beautiful xx

    sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Bloom Perfumery in Shoreditch (now one in Covent Garden) but want to go to the original one! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've not heard of that before, will check it out now! x

      Delete
  5. This place looks beautiful!! Congrats on 2 years of blogging!!
    -Maria
    IN1997

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very cute outfit
    beautiful pics
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are amazing!! Love your blog :)
    http://lucylikespineapple.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete