Tuesday, August 26

Review • Bourjois Olé Flamingo Velvet Lip Lacquer


Winged liner and bright lips is my thing, it's my favourite make up look to wear and the one I'm sporting most days - so as you can imagine, I am forever buying and trying new bright lipsticks, just to make the struggle of choosing which one to wear that little bit harder. Every time there is a new lipstick launch in the beauty world with a decent range of brights, I have to try them - and the Bourjois Velvet Lip Lacquers were no exception. 

After a lot of uhming and awhing between this shade and the red, I went for 'Ole Flamingo!' as I think I have more than enough reds in my collection (if that's possible) .... (which it most certainly is not).

As I only like matte lipsticks, (especially when it comes to bright shades) I was a bit wary this wouldn't dry matte as they apply very glossy - however, after about 5 or so minuets it drys matte and does not budge. I love that isn't the kind of 'rub your lips together and it will come off in little balls' (lol) matte and more of a velvet finish, as the name suggests. The only bugbear I have is it can be a bit messy to apply, it leaves a line of product above my top lip and as the applicator is thick I find it difficult to pronounce my cupids bow without going over my lip line - but nothing a cotton bud and some makeup remover can't sort out! I find it easier to apply 2-3 thin coats rather than one thick application as it is less messy and is easier to maneuver the product with the applicator when there is less product. 

The colour is really, really gorgeous. It is a kind of fushia, bold pink nearing on red shade, that looks incredible on every skin colour and tone. I love almost everything about this lipstick, the formula, the colour, the longevity and already have my eye on the shades Pink Pong and Hot Pepper.

you can find it here.

xx

9 comments:

  1. I'm not actually into lip lacquers especially the glossier ones I haven't actually tried a matte one yet but i'm dying to try these!

    BLOG SALE | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was worried it wouldn't dry completely matte but after it a few minutes it doesn't feel glossy at all! x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love these, Ole Flamingo is my absolute favourite shade I hear they are releasing nude shades for autumn too I can't wait xx

    http://www.rinicawrites.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're amazing aren't they? i really wanna try more shades! x

      Delete
  3. I'm obsessed with these and I cannot wait for their new, nude shade to come out in Slovenia :)

    sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so excited to see what other shades they bring out x

      Delete
  4. Beautyful color, i like this) I'm Lara from Russia ;)
    I subscribe and follow you through GFC, please subscribe to me http://dessi-fleur.blogspot.ru/?m=0 Thank ❤️

    ReplyDelete