Friday, November 20

Afternoon Tea At Sketch



As mentioned a couple of posts back, for my mums birthday we decided we would visit the much raved about afternoon tea parlour, Sketch. It's known for being a 'one of a kind' quirky restaurant, with each room having a different theme. Afternoon tea is held in the gallery, which is a room covered in baby pink and well uhhh.. sketches. It was a really cute room, but we all agreed there was something a bit creepy about it, it was like we'd stepped into another dimension and I felt like I was in The Shining.

After admiring the room and quirky cutlery, we ordered our afternoon tea. I can't remember exactly what it consisted of, although if you're curious about the options, a quick google search will find you what you're looking for. All I know is, it was a lot of food. When I saw the little afternoon tier being brought out with its tiny sandwiches and cakes, I was pretty certain I'd be leaving starving, however none of us could even finish. The waitresses come round, bringing refills of tea and cakes, so it is pretty much impossible to make it to the second tier of food without feeling stuffed.

After eating what we could, we of course had to check out the weird egg pod toilets, and they were definitely weird. Everything from the the staircase leading up to the toilets, the colourful ceiling, the farm animal sounds playing in each toilet pod and the bathroom attendants dressed in victorian maid outfits cleaning the floor - it has most definitely got to be the most eventful pee of my life.

Sketch was such a cool experience, I'm so happy to have gone and enjoyed my first afternoon tea - I feel like a true british person now! haha

xx

7 comments:

  1. Sketch looks amazing, I've always wanted to go!

    Meg ♡
    meg-riley.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely, such a cute idea! I wanna go now haha

    Lauren Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this place seems is so cool! I know a few people that would love to have tea here. That's crazy the amount of detail they put into making it so peculiar.

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! I love going for afternoon tea, it's such a lovely way to spend an afternoon :)

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Such a cute place! XO

    Courtney | Courtselizabeth | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. That place looks so cool, love the design of it! xx

    Conny

    ReplyDelete