Tuesday, September 8

Review • MAC Creme Cup


Being more of a bold lip wearer day to day, I don't tend to find myself buying nude shades all that often - but after a bit of an online splurge, I decided to pick up Creme Cup - as it is one of those typical MAC shades that everyone seems to have and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. 

It's very different from the dark, matte shades I tend to wear - but a nice change. As it's blue toned it feels very girly and almost a bit barbie, which I surprisingly like. My favourite makeup to wear with this lipstick is a natural base, thick brows and lots of lashes - for a really pretty fresh faced look. The formula is cremesheen, which really is not my preference at all. Just as a rule I don't tend to like glossy looking lipsticks - but I think if this were to be matte it would look a bit too fake and OTT, so I'm able to let that one slide. However the longevity is a bit crap. I don't know if it's because I'm used to MAC lipsticks hanging around for the most part of the day, but with this I find myself needing to reapply every half an hour or so - and being a no fuss kinda girl, it can get a bit annoying to keep topping up. 

All in all, the shade is lovely - this finish is not. If you like the glossy finish and don't mind topping up, then this is one for you. But - if like me, you can't be bothered to keep checking on your lips every half an hour, I'd give this one a miss and have a look at some of MACs matte shades (which are incredible).

you can find it here.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Creme Crup is such a gorgeous colour but I agree with you, cremesheen is not my favourite formula, I have a couple of them in my collection and they are the ones that I tend to forget about! xx

    hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame the finish isn't good but the colour does look lovely xx

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shade shame it’s not long lasting. I tend to go for more matte shades too they seem to stick around longer on the lips. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete